Many children are fascinated by the magnificent dinosaurs. They are mysterious and exciting! So this dinosaur unit will surely be a hit with your students. These activities are a perfect…
- Social Studies
This resource is perfect if you want something exciting for a project-based learning unit about African animals. The resource includes a lesson plan that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities. The aim is to inspire students to ask questions, study animals to design and solve problems.
The booklet contains the following animals: Monkey and apes, giraffes, zebras, elephants, rhinoceros, and crocodiles.
1. Introduction to biomimicry
2. What if I was a monkey? Invent a food package
3. Design a mask or costume inspired by apes and monkeys
4. The witch-like middle finger
5. Acrostic poem
6. Describe a giraffe
7. What are long necks good for?
8. Giraffe poem
9. Giraffe playground
10. Big staring eyes
11. I am in awe of zebras
12. Doodling zebras
13. Black and white stripes – Invent a “skin” for a house, a school or a tent.
14. I love elephants because
15. Random pictures
16. Draw a t-shirt, a coat or a dress inspired by elephants
17. Rhinoceros’ healing horns
18. Thick skin armour
19. Rhinoceros’ feet design challenge
20. Super feet story writing
21. Crocodiles are cool because. . .
22. Sensitive skin – swimming suit. . .
23. Energy bar
24. How to use biomimicry in the classroom
25. Links and book tips
26. 3 posters