I have had many students come up to me over the years and tell me this was their favorite lab. One student even said that when he was able to calculate where the ball would land and the ball hit the target, he felt like he had just performed magic. Students love this lab because they are asked to put their knowledge of physics into action and calculate the exact location where a ball will hit the ground. The lab is set up so they will have three different experiments where they will have to figure out where to place the target.
Target (Box, Cup, Paper, Tape, etc.)
This is an NGSS-aligned lesson. Your students will engage in three-dimensional learning by analyzing physics phenomenon, discussing with other students, and forming educated explanations.
Lesson Plan Includes:
Lab Worksheet (FULLY EDITABLE)
– For THREE different levels of students (CP, Honors, and AP)
– Step-by-step instructions to get students started on their lab
– Just print and you’re ready to start
– Detailed layout of how to introduce and do the activity (3 different methods)
– Every step has answers to the correct procedure with a point system
– Includes instructional video