Reflective & Active listening encompasses all that active listening does but goes a step further. The listener pays close attention to the content, feelings and meaning behind what is being stated. Additionally, they reflect back to support that person to gain insight, clarify the message and ultimately demonstrate understanding.
This is a great handout for Teachers, Counsellors and allied health professionals.
This resource includes:
– What is reflective and active listening
– 5 Considerations
– Please listen (from me to you)
– Useful phrases (to use when reflecting)
– Some door openers
– Are you really listening?
– Signs of Good Listening
– Questions to support reflection
GREAT HANDOUT FOR PARENTS, TEACHERS & ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS