This learning printable can be used to review and/or reinforce essential phonological awareness skills on the concept of rhyming. The ability to rhyme – or to hear the ending sound in words – helps young students with hearing the parts of words that eventually leads to reading. With this printable, the student will match picture on a farm animal to their rhyming pair
–24 rhyming pairs
–box for storage
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* Place cards face down. Turn over a card and try to find matching pair. If they do not match, turn back over and put back in original place.
* Show child one a card and have them find the matching pair.
* Can be used for assessment.
* Can be used in small group, literacy center, and in whole group-circle time.
* Used for the development of speech.
* Put in ABC order.
Put a matching sticker on the backs of the pieces that go together. When the child is finished, have them turn over the cards to see if the stickers match.
A Rhyming Thanks!!
Creations by Mrs Mouse
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.