This nonfiction text biography unit for Ruth Bader Ginsberg goes perfectly with the book I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy (though you DON’T NEED ANY BOOKS to use this file) and includes various printable activities, graphic organizers, report templates, writing prompts, reflection pages, nonfiction text, as well as posters with Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes.
A 10-page (half-sheet) mini-book comprised of nonfiction information, interesting facts, and reflection questions is perfect for students to make and read on their own or in literacy stations with a small group. It’s also a great reference or research tool for them as they gather information about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
This file includes the following:
- biography mini-book
- graphic organizers
- biography report template
- RBG quotes posters
- reflection questions
- growth mindset connections
- writing a friendly letter
- creating a newspaper article
In addition, this product can be used with ANY picture book or chapter book about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Some of my favorite books include:
- I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: The Case of R.B.G. vs Inequality by Jonah Winter
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Superwomen Role Models) by Heather Moore Niver
Though the intended grade levels are 3rd, 4th, and 5th, this product can be modified and used with other grade levels.
The biography mini-book reading level is between 3rd-5th grade, so please understand that 2nd grade might struggle with the text if asked to read it independently. Likewise, a 6th grader may find that text to be easy.
NOTE: The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These files can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.