A book with seven close reading passages focused on each of the new seven wonders of the world. The NO PREP reading comprehension activities are perfect for students in fifth grade or sixth grade. Students will learn about the wonders whilst developing their comprehension skills.
The book includes seven individual activities on:
- Petra, in Jordan
- the Taj Mahal, in India
- Machu Picchu, in Peru
- the Colosseum, in Italy
- Christ the Redeemer, in Brazil
- Chichen Itza, in Mexico
- the Great Wall of China
Each activity has an informational text with comprehension and grammar questions followed by an extension task, crossword puzzle and wordsearch activity.
Included in this PDF printable resource:
- Seven informational texts
- Each with a comprehension activity with ten questions
- Each with grammar questions about the text
- Each with an extension writing activity
- Answer sheets for self-assessment or teacher use
- Each with a crossword puzzle and wordsearch activity
- Ready-made Easel Activities perfect for distance learning
This resource is great for:
- In class learning
- Independent work
- Guided reading sessions
- Assessment practice
- Reading interventions
- Emergency sub plans
The activity requires NO PREP; it has a body of text that students need to read through thoroughly; then they can use the text to find the comprehension and grammar answers. All texts then have an extension activity for those fast finishers and answers, for teacher use, are on the final page of the document.
Time allowance for each activity:
5 minutes – read through the text individually.
40 minutes – answer questions using the text as guidance (including extension activity)
15 minutes – Teacher and students go through the text and answers.
For more great resources follow my store ⇉⇉ CLICK HERE