Silly Jack-o-lantern craft for showing subtraction skills. This cute jack-o-lantern craftivity is provides a way for students to show their understanding of subtraction by creating their own subtraction story and number sentence.
This Activity is Part of a Bundle
How to Use
- Make copies of the pumpkin template on orange construction paper for each student.
- Copy the black eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Copy the eyeballs on orange construction paper.
- Glue the small orange eyeballs onto the big black circles to make googly eyes.
- Copy the stem on green paper.
- Make copies of the math story for each student on white paper.
- Students assemble the jack-o-lantern, then decide how many teeth to keep in the mouth and how many to knock out.
- Place the fallen teeth at the base of the pumpkin.