Teach your students all about short / long U word families with this easy to use fun and interactive printables! 43 pages of activities are included that will provide a comprehensive way for teaching CVC, CVCe words and other words of “U” word families.
>>>SAVE $$$ AND GRAB THIS SET IN THE BUNDLE<<<
How to use this set?
It can be used as an interactive journal activity or word family reader.
More ideas on how to use:
- as word walls. There are 9 colorful and 9 black and white pianos with word examples of the family. Print and hang!
- as a piano constructor. Tell children that you’d like them to help you and build a PIANO together! There are colorful pianos with a word family letter as well as b/w pianos. Print and laminate them (choose b/w or colorful variant). There are piano keys with words for each family. Print, cut words on piano keys and mix them. A child should read the word on the key and connect it to the right piano (with a magnet, paperclip. sticker, etc.)
- sing the words on keys.
- as cut and paste activities.
The set has both color and black and white versions.
WANT TO TEST DRIVE? DOWNLOAD THIS FREEEBIE.
What Word Families and Vocabulary are Included?
(U) -ub -uck -ug -um -unk -ush -ut -ue -ute
- club, cub, dub, hub, pub, rub, tub
: flub, grub, nub, scrub, shrub, snub, stub)
- buck, duck, luck, pluck, puck, truck, tuck
: cluck, huck, muck, shuck, struck)
- bug, dug, hug, mug, plug, rug, tug
: chug, drug, jug, lug, shrug, slug, smug)
- bum, chum, drum, gum, hum, plum, sum
- bunk, funk, hunk, junk, slunk, sunk, trunk
: chunk, drunk, dunk, flunk, plunk, punk, shrunk, spunk, stunk)
- brush, crush, flush, hush, lush, mush, rush
- but, cut, hut, nut, rut, shut, smut
: glut, gut, jut, strut, donut, haircut, peanut)
- blue, clue, cue, due, flue, glue, true
- brute, chute, cute, flute, jute, lute, mute
>>Want access to FREE K-2 Library of resources? SEE DETAILS<<
Victoria @ CrazyCharizma