This is a set of social pragmatic language activities for teens, middle and high school students. Printables, digital pdf (no print options) and google slides™ options are included.
This packet helps target and provide practice on a wide range of different social pragmatic skills that are needed to initiate and maintain successful social interactions with other peers and adults.
Real-life pictures of teens/older students are used to visually depict each social scenario. The scenarios and pictures are also based around a SUMMER theme.
Specifically, the topics covered within this packet are:
- -Beginning a conversation or social interaction with others based on environmental clues and personal knowledge that you know/have gained about others.
- -Beginning a conversation or social interaction with others based on what you see, others DO.
- -Beginning and maintaining a conversation or social interaction with others based on what you hear, others SAY.
- -Using SUMMER-specific topics to begin a conversation or social interaction.
- Understanding and responding to:
– Figurative language/idioms
Included in this packet is a:
– Fully printable copy in black and white
– The printable B&W copy is also available as an interactive PDF that can be utilized digitally using adobe acrobat reader.
– Google Slides™ option IN COLOR (You will receive a PDF with google slide links and directions on how to add the file to your own google drive).