Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Your students will love researching Japan with this unit which uses an inquiry approach to get children posing questions, investigating, and presenting their research in either a travel brochure or suitcase with fold-out contents.
Learning about other cultures is a way to build empathy and understanding, and to value the diversity within our classrooms.
You’ll find lots to support you and your learners.
The unit takes 1-2 weeks depending on the pace of your students.
- “Starting the inquiry process” page to activate prior knowledge and record questions to investigate
- 2 Research organizers – travel brochure and suitcase
- 3 Station activities – map work, make onigiri, make connections (interrelationships)
- 12 Focus question and information cards covering key facts, geography, land and climate, history, sights to see, celebrations, food, customs, animals, natural resources, sports, and children
- 15 wall posters
- 20 word wall cards with key social studies concepts and words specific to Japan
- Exit tickets
- Useful books and websites to support your students’ research
- U.S and U.K versions optimized for printing, spelling, and vocabulary
I hope your students enjoy learning about Japan with this unit.