Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Do you want to be the best teacher? Would you like to introduce space exploration in your class with a meaningful unit packed with paired texts, bell ringers and writing prompts? Is one of your goals to teach interesting facts about space with interdisciplinary matching activities and reading passages?
Would you be interested in giving your students complex standards aligned activities (PRINT&DIGITAL) with space exploration paired texts (article, poem, short story) and inspiring writing prompts and bell ringers?
Think about what a difference it would make if you started using the Space Exploration unit in your class! It includes:
1. 3 Space Exploration Bell Ringers with Instructions
- Picture Writing Prompt
- Quick Write from Inspiring Quote
- Journal Entry – Personal Response
2. Space Informational Text Reading:
- Article Passage – Why Can’t We Put A Space Station On The Moon?
- Before and After Reading Open Ended Questions
- Purpose & Understanding Activity
- Reading Comprehension – Multiple Choice Questions
3. Space Poetry Reading:
- Poem Text – Do not go gentle into that good night – Dylan Thomas
- Poem Annotation & Analysis Template with instructions
- One Pager Poetry Response Template – 2-3-2 Template
4. Space Exploration Short Story Reading:
- A Little Journey – Ray Bradbury – full short story text
- First Impression Activity – immediate response
- A Bird’s Eye View – One Pager – in-depth response
- Quote Machine – quote finding and interpretation activity
- Comic Strip – creative and graphic activity
- End It Your Way – writing activity
- Interview With A Character – character exploration activity
- Short Story Bingo Game Choice Board – 25 activities for the short story
5. Space Exploration Writing Response:
- Argumentative Writing Prompt
- Informative Writing Prompt
- Narrative Writing Prompt
6. Answers and Rubrics:
- MCQ Answers
- Poetry Answer Guide
- Argumentative Writing Rubric
- Informative Writing Rubric
- Narrative Writing Rubric
- Bingo Choice Board Rubric
7. Google Slides version
You can cover a multitude of space reading and writing activities aligned to CCSS in one single resource. Your students will benefit of engaging paired texts that offer a wide perspective on the topic.
You will get a varied space exploration curriculum choice to integrate in ELA classes lesson plans or sub plans without extensive preparation for the class. You can either print the space exploration worksheets or use digital tools such as the Google Slides version.
You get rubrics focused on performance with clear indicators of mastery at all levels and teacher’s personalized comment section with writing space for improvement observations and recommendations. You can save time and you can mix and match the space themed activities according to your needs.
Lexi R. has tried the Space unit in her class and said, “Great mini unit that I will use again every year! My students were engaged and this saved me a lot of time. Highly recommend resource! Thank you so much!!!
Why don’t you give it a try? Click on the “Add to cart” button and you can use it right away!