Are you looking for a low-prep way to incorporate Hispanic Heritage Month into to your Spanish Class? This set of 11 female biographies with comprehension checks is a great way to honor the legacy (and current impact!) of individuals during Hispanic Heritage Month.
This set includes 11 comprehensible readings / mini-biographies of individuals commonly spoken of (and some less commonly spoken of) during Hispanic Heritage Month. These mini-biographies are designed to introduce the person and their legacy / accomplishments / impact throughout their life. They are the perfect addition to celebrating Mes de la Herencia Hispana.
The variety of people will keep your students engaged whether you choose to use them for a gallery walk, whole class readings, warm ups, or digitally. Each reading has glossed words at the bottom that may be less common to your students, and each reading includes a picture to represent the person. The text of this set is editable if you would like to change the wording; however, if you find an error please email me at [email protected] I can update the resource! I use this resource over two days for Novice High or Spanish 2 students in my classroom.
– 11 Readings / mini-biographies digital and printable format
– Editable text to change language or gloss new words
– Glossed “new” words for each reading
– Gallery Walk notes catcher sheet
– Matamoscas Call Card / Slide with questions in English for whole class play, printable sheet for individual work, and Blooket link for digital play for both sets of readings.
– Listening Activity in the 1st person (or task cards!)
– Biographies for: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Sonia Sotomayor, Diana Trujillo, Carolina Herrera, Jennifer López, Jenni Rivera, Gloria Estefan, Eva Longoria, Christina Aguilera, Dolores Huerta, & Elizabeth Acevedo
This product contains a PDF download with a link to a Google Drive folder. You will need to make a copy of the files in the folder to access them.