Teaching children to cultivate a foundation of compassion, gratitude, confidence & self-love needs to start at a young age. This counseling creative activity encourages children to create their own “Self-Care” snowman. This craft encourages children to reflect and explore who they are, including their qualities & attributes and what makes them unique and special.
What to do:
– Cut out the various snowman parts (head, body, accessories etc.)
– Glue snowman together.
– Complete the three piece sentence sequence – “I feel” “Because” “I need”.
– Don’t forget to give your snowman a name.
You can make as many snowman as you want. Templates are included for different emotions to help students explore their self care when they feel a variety of feelings and reflecting on why they felt that way as well as what they needed to look after themselves and their emotions.
This creative activity includes:
– Learning all about Self-Love
– Completed Example
– Blank Templates
– Print & Cut Snowman Templates (body parts & accessories)
THIS MINI LESSON IS A GREAT ADDITION TO YOUR COUNSELING OR SEL LESSONS! GREAT FOR INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP WORK.