Here are Activity Sheets to print and use after you’ve read , by Janell Cannon, with your students. (Book not included.)
1. Comprehension Sheet – This sheet asks students to draw and write about their favorite part and answer some questions related to story. Answer Key is included
2. Venn Diagram – a page where the students Compare and Contrast bats to birds.
3. Story Map #1 – Students use words and/or pictures to fill in the characters, setting, problem and solution of the story.
4. Story Map #2 – Students use words and/or pictures to fill in the characters, setting, beginning, middle, end, and moral of the story.
1. KWL Chart – This sheet asks students to write what they Know, what they Want to Know and what they Learned about bats.
2. Bat Research Pages – In this poster project, students research what bats look like, their diet, habitat and interesting facts. They then cite their sources.
Includes: Flying Fox Bats, Fruit Bats, Vampire Bats and a Generic Bat Research Page.