Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Know Your Subtraction – Double-digit is a set of task cards designed to provide students with opportunities to improve their conceptual understanding of regrouping using pictorial representations of base ten blocks.
Working through the questions, students will begin to strengthen their faculty for mental computation which is the perfect training ground for the time when larger number and more complex sets of problems are introduced.
Although these cards are commonly used as task cards, they have also been used successfully in math centers or rotations.
- A total of 25 cards (24 task cards and 1 title card)
- Student recording sheet
- Answer key
- Complete PDF and individual PNG files of the cards also included
- Print, laminate and cut the individual cards. (p. 2-8)
- Print student sheet (p. 9) and provide each student with a worksheet. You may prefer to allow students to work in pairs
- Distribute the cards around the room
- Students may start at any number and work their way through in any order, but it is helpful to remind students to write the answer in the same numbered answer box i.e., if they are on card number 12, they should write their answer in answer box number 12
- Check answers