WHY is find the theme so difficult for students? It’s time to make this concept EASY for students… with no extra work on your part!
These theme task cards and worksheets are perfect for 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade. This task cards file includes differentiated answer sheets to meet the students’ varying needs in your class.
Since each answer sheet asks the student to do different things, you can use these task cards THREE TIMES with each student, if you choose.
A digital distance learning option has been added to this file. EACH OF THE THREE ANSWER SHEETS can be used in either Google Slides™ or Google Forms™ (three answering options each, for a total of six different links for students).
This product includes:
- one theme explanation page
- two pages of ideas about how to use the theme task cards
- 24 task cards (each task card contains a full passage/story)
- three different options for answer sheets along with corresponding answer keys (option three does NOT have a key since student answers will vary)
- three worksheets that can be used with any story or passage
This product is differentiated into three ways the students choose their answers.
One Word Theme Task Card Answer Sheet:
You might use these if you just want your students to understand simple one topic themes. You also might use this for your below-grade level learners to keep it simple.
Choose the Best Sentence Theme Task Card Answer Sheet:
You might use these if you want your students to identify the theme in a complete sentence. This could also be used for on level learners.
Write your own Theme Task Card Answer Sheet:
This one does not have any answers they have
to write their own theme statement. Great for
those above level learners.
NOTE: This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These files can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides and Google Forms.
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.