Need a fun way to introduce Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to upper elementary or middle school students? This great lesson incorporates technology themed art as students learn the basics of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. First, they’ll create a quick pixel art from a given example and then they’ll create their own! These are also fun lessons to use if you just need something for a one day lesson.
This lesson is great for distance learning/remote learning. You can upload it to your school’s learning management system (Google Classroom, Edmodo, Canvas, etc.) or share with students via Google Drive.
Included in this download:
• Teacher & Student Resources
• Introduction to Pixel Art Lesson (Microsoft Excel project) with tutorial
• Introduction to Pixel Art Lesson (Google Sheets project) with tutorial
• Legends and Sample Pictures for 6 Additional Pictures
• Full Excel (2016) editable files for all pixel art projects (note: these can be opened in Google Sheets too)
Includes instructions and samples for these pixel art designs:
– Floppy Disk
– Cell Phone
I’ve used this with 7th and 8th graders who used their free time to create even more art! I hope your students have as much fun as mine did learning Excel!