In this lesson, students learn fun facts about Andy Warhol and his art as they complete a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. Then, they use that knowledge to create an art project of their own, using Warhol’s style, in Microsoft Paint, 3D Paint, or one of these free Web 2.0 tools: SketchPad (https://sketch.io/sketchpad/) or SumoPaint (https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app) that do not require download. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included are tutorial links to assist students with the software for the art project. This lesson was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary as well.
This lesson is great for distance learning/remote learning. You can upload it to your school’s learning management system (Google Classroom, Edmodo, Canvas, etc.) or share with students via Google Drive.
- Computers with Internet access for each student (or pair of students)
- Software such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Fun Facts about Andy Warhol WebQuest Activity (print and editable digital files
- Fun Facts about Andy Warhol WebQuest Answer Key
- Creating Art in Andy Warhol’s Style using a Choice of Software
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest: 1 (50 minute) class period
- Art Project: 1-2 (50 minute) class periods