Files will be available for download from your account once payment is confirmed. Learn more.
Please contact the seller about any problems with your order using the question button below the description.
Extend reading comprehension and support the development of close reading analysis skills for high school with this set of rigorous questions about Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice. Focusing on Act 3, scene 3, this resource is delivered in editable Word Document and printable PDF formats. An answer key is included. By engaging with this close reading activity, students will:
- Identify what the text says both explicitly and implicitly
- Explore the intended effect of figurative language
- Define complex words and phrases in context
- Examine how complex characters think, behave, develop, and interact
- Apply knowledge of various literary devices with emphasis on situational irony and pun
- Discern the tone of a particular passage
- Identify relevant textual evidence in support of claims
- Write with clarity, accuracy, and precision
Materials are available for teaching a variety of texts such as: