This Fractions and Decimals Worksheet (with complete Key) gives students practice to become fluent and efficient using their calculator. Students get 30 fractions to 1) enter correctly and 2) change the format. Students also get 20 fractions problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to solve.
The worksheet includes practice with the following skills:
- changing fractions to decimals
- changing decimals to fractions
- changing mixed numbers to improper fractions
- changing improper fractions to mixed numbers
- adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals
- converting answers to the required form
- rounding answers to the required number of decimals
TI-30Xa, TI-30XIIS, TI-30XS Multiview, TI 34 Multiview, TI-36X Pro, Casio fx-300ES Plus, Casio fx-300MS Plus, Casio fx-300MS
Fractions, Decimals, Simplifying fractions, Adding fractions, Subtracting fractions, Dividing fractions, Multiplying fractions, Converting improper fractions to mixed fractions, Converting mixed fractions to improper fractions, Converting a fraction to a decimal, Converting a decimal to a fraction, Assessment, Teacher Assessment, Formative Assessment, Summative Assessment, Peer Assessment, Self Assessment
When should students use a calculator in mathematics? When fluency with mathematical procedures without the help of a calculator are well established, students should be able to use calculators with more complex mathematical problems, real-life applications and calculations involving very large and small numbers.