5 PLUMP Turkey’s poem is a fun and interactive poem for kids. Children use puppets to retell the poem, identify rhyming words, and make their own rhymes. The Turkey Art and a silly writing prompt are perfect for a classroom display!
Included in the Turkey Poem:
- Poem reading instruction sheet
- Poem (with actions)
- Highlight the rhyming words in the poem worksheet
- The Poem is out of order! Cut out the sentences and put the poem in the correct order.
- Make your own 5 PLUMP Turkeys poem. Finish the sentences with your own and make sure the end words rhyme!
- Turkey Art! Create your own turkey to display your poem.
- 5 PLUMP Turkeys mini-book (2 versions: 1 read-only and 1 choose the rhyme)
- 5 PLUMP Turkeys “puppets” 2 pages of scenery to use while reading, retelling, or reenacting the poem. Laminate and Velcro or use with craft sticks!
- Color your own turkey “puppets” and scenery to retell the poem at home!
- Sequence the poem. Cut out the turkeys and put them in order by what they said in the poem.
- Writing prompt. If you were a turkey, how would you escape?
This resource is also great for substitutes – a sub pack, student teachers, classroom helpers, homeschool, or groups!