Here’s a fun resource for Valentine’s Day! This printable and digital vocabulary resource includes 4 puzzles: 3 differentiated word searches and 1 crossword puzzle with a word bank included. All 4 Valentine’s Day puzzles use the same 20 vocabulary words about this lovely holiday. Please see below for a list of the words.
Resource at a Glance:
★ What will students learn?
* 20 vocabulary words related Valentine’s Day.
★ Who is it for?
* All students, including English Language Learners.
★ How does it help teachers?
* Use when teaching about the history of Valentine’s Day and/or when teaching about Christianity in Social Studies classes.
* Puzzles can be used for homework, in centers, as fillers, and for early finishers.
* Printable and digital versions mean it can be used both with in-person classes and distance teaching.
* The digital version lets students practice some technology skills.
The Valentine’s Day word searches have 3 levels of difficulty which are based on the direction the words are written in the puzzle, to meet the needs of all your students, including English Language Learners. Answer keys are included for all the puzzles. For students who need additional support, a word bank accompanies the crossword puzzle.
The words used in these holiday word search and crossword puzzles are: Arrow, Be Mine, Bow, Candy, Card, Chocolate, Cupid, Dinner, February, Flowers, Heart, Love, Pink, Poetry, Red, Romantic, Roses, Secret, Sweetheart, Valentine.
In the PDF file, you’ll find background information for teachers, instructions on how to access the online materials, directions for completing the puzzles, plus all the word searches and the crossword puzzle with their answer keys and word bank. In the Google Drive™ materials, you’ll find instructions for using the materials, the word search puzzles and the crossword puzzle, the word bank, and the answer keys for the puzzles.
Here are some ways to use the Valentine’s Day vocabulary words in this resource:
* For words that may be new, you can have your students find their definitions and use those words in sentences.
* Students can also draw pictures that illustrate the words to show their understanding.
* You can tell your students to choose 5 of the words and write a poem that includes them all.
* More proficient students can write paragraphs or stories that include some of the words.
* Extend your students’ learning by having them record their sentences or stories online, for speaking and technology practice.
Your students will love with this Valentine’s Day resource!
What you get in this Valentine’s Day word search and crossword puzzles product:
In the PDF file:
★ A list of materials in the PDF and Google Drive™ files (1 page)
★ Notes to the Teacher (explanatory information for teachers) (1 page)
★ Instructions for accessing the Google Drive™ materials (1 page)
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (3 pages)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 pages)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 page)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 pages)
★ Copyright, related products, social media, and credits information (1 page)
★ Cover page (1 page)
In the Google Drive™ materials:
★ Instructions for doing the online versions of the puzzles (3 slides)
★ 3 word search puzzles with answer keys (6 slides)
★ Word bank for the crossword puzzle (1 slide)
★ 1 crossword puzzle with answer key (2 slides)
★ Cover page (1 page)
Thank you and happy teaching!
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Drive is a trademark of Google Inc. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with Google, Inc.
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.