This is a 42 page novel study response book for by Betty G. Birney.
This no-prep, print-and-go resource provides everything you need for a complete novel study unit in which students are reading the text closely, monitoring their understanding, diving into key vocabulary, and using graphic organizers along with text evidence to deepen comprehension.
Each chapter in the novel study unit contains the following:
- Vocabulary 4-Square (definition, picture, synonyms, antonyms)
- Boxes for students to capture their thinking and reactions as they read
- Figure of Speech 4-Square (definition, picture, text example, own example)
- Comprehension Question (some with graphic organizers, some without)
This novel study also contains:
- a final open-ended comprehension question requiring the reader to consider the novel as a whole
- a personal response sheet
- a multiple-choice assessment covering the entire novel (20 questions).
This is a no-frills, copy-and-go resource for guided reading groups or literature circles. It scaffolds student thinking while allowing for differing responses and spurring conversations.
Please take a look at the preview pages before purchasing and enjoying!