Holidays Around the World is a fun and engaging way to introduce students to different winter holidays celebrated around the world. Each of the holidays represented has an informational paragraph about the holiday, a video, and a game to play to find the clue for the escape room.
The holidays represented are:
- Christmas in America
- Las Posadas (Mexico)
- Kwanzaa (African inspired)
- Christmas in Australia
- Chinese New Year
- St. Lucia Day
How does it work?
Students begin in an escape room and click START. They will be taken to the first stop: Christmas in America. After solving the puzzle, they will head to the next stop to learn about the next holiday and solve the puzzle. Clues include puzzles, codes, matching games, mazes, ciphers, and more!
Because each page in this escape room has 3 components, you may want to discuss the expectations with your students. You may want to ask them to read about the holiday the first time through and then do the clue. Then, they can go back to watch the videos. The videos are enjoyable, and I think they will like them. However, if there is a time restraint, you may want to do that another day.
This escape room will probably take students 45-60 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class.
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- Link to Holidays Around the World escape room
- Answer Keys for all of the activities and lock codes
- QR Code (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Digital and printable recording sheet to keep track of clues
- Great for e-learning, just send the links through Google Classroom or to parents’ email and they’re off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
This fun and engaging digital escape room is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the link with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
Be sure to check out the preview and video to see what’s included.
Thanks for stopping by!