Learning about Graphic Design gives students an introduction to what graphic designers do on the job. This is perfect for a technology, business or marketing class, or a class that focuses on careers. Students learn about the career from the provided PowerPoint (short teacher presentation) Next, they apply their knowledge in a logo identification game, and finally they design and create a logo of their own. The project was created for grades 7-8 but could easily be adapted for older students.
This lesson is great for distance learning/remote learning. You can upload it to your school’s learning management system (Google Classroom, Edmodo, Canvas, etc.) or share with students via Google Drive.
Files Included with this Lesson
• Teacher & Student Notes and Resources
• Introduction to Graphic Design Careers PowerPoint
• Identify the Logo Activity Instructions
• Identify the Logo Student Handout
• Identify the Logo Answer Key
• Logo Creation Project Expectations, Instructions & Grading Rubric
• Logo Project Samples