Do you need to determine if your upper elementary students understand the difference between light and sound energy? This engaging physical science energy sort is perfect for assessing your students’ understanding of sound and light energy or as a science center! Plus, it includes energy worksheets for you to review these important concepts with your students!
This light and sound energy resource can be used to create an engaging craftivity. Your students would read the descriptions on the “flies” and place them on the light energy side or the sound energy side based on which characteristic it is describing. You can also print, laminate, and use the materials for a science center instead for repeated use!
This resource covers:
- characteristics related to sound energy
- characteristics related to light energy
- examples of things that use light energy
- examples of things that use sound energy
What is included in this resource:
- Printable & digital versions so that you can add a technology element
- Two different versions of the light and sound energy sort
- Materials to create an energy sort so that you can assess their understanding
- Materials to create an energy science center so that students can practice the concepts in their free time
- Light and sound energy worksheets so that you can review or reteach the concepts
- answer keys so that you can save time grading
Your students will love putting together this engaging science craftivity and it will make a cute display! Further, the print-and-go energy worksheets make reviewing easy!