This multiple-meaning words activity is perfect for students learning about homonyms and their meanings. This activity contains homonyms anchor charts, task cards, and other easy-to-use activities. It is common core aligned for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
This homonyms activity includes:
- 7 pages of explanations (can be used as instructional pages or anchor charts) of homonyms, homophones, and homographs)
- 36 task cards (three distinct question types)
- an answer sheet
- an answer key
- a homonym activity booklet with 20 pages (half sheet size) of multiple meaning words to be defined and used in a sentence
Please see the preview to get an idea of what each component contains.
NOTE: There is an answer key for the task cards, but there is no answer key for the homonyms booklet at the end of the product, as the answers will be taken directly from the dictionary (and each student will create different sentences using those words).
NOTE: This product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The digital portion instructions appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™ and Google Forms™ (the first 24 task cards).
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.